Our school offers a broad and balanced curriculum with three main aims:
- To provide a secure and inclusive environment with opportunities for all pupils to learn and achieve and to feel valued and appreciated.
- To provide for the spiritual, moral and cultural development of all pupils in preparation for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
- To promote social, emotional and behavioural skills to develop a calm, caring creative and confident child.
Values and purposes underpinning the school curriculum:
- An entitlement for all children and a commitment to equality of opportunity
- The inclusion of all children and catering for individual needs
- The involvement of all members of the school and extended community
- The provision of an education that prepares children for life in the wider world
Through learning within a broad and balanced curriculum, the objectives are to enable children to:
- Develop lively, enquiring minds and a positive approach to learning
- Have high self-esteem
- Work with independence and also as a team member
- Develop their creativity
- Be successful and reach their potential
- Have their achievements celebrated
- Value others and their environment
- Become good citizens