At South Petherwin School we take safeguarding of children very seriously. This was recognised in our Ofsted inspection, March 2017:
A culture of safeguarding, safety and welfare is paramount throughout the school, showing that you and your staff take your responsibilities very seriously. All staff are well briefed on current policies in order to keep up to date with requirements. You have ensured that policy, practice and procedure meet all statutory requirements, including the safe recruitment of staff and volunteers. Leaders, along with the governing body, make sure these arrangements are robust. You ensure that all staff understand their responsibilities for reporting concerns. These are carefully recorded and followed up rigorously. You are assiduous in working with external agencies to ensure that vulnerable pupils and their families receive the support they need.
If you are worried about a child the following links may be of use:-
- www.safechildren-cios.co.uk - this is the Cornwall Local Safeguarding board and has useful information on reporting concerns.
- NSPCC - worried about a child. Ways to contact the NSPCC
Below are a list of websites that are useful for both parents and children to help you understand how to make the internet and other digital media safer.
- Think U Know - www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- Digital Parenting - A downloadable booklet that helps and supports you in setting your internet safety settings on your PC, laptop, I-Pad and other mobile devices. - www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- Child Line - A great website that points you in the direction of information about child safety, staying safe online and reporting abuse.www.childline.org.uk
- CEOP - Are you worried about a child in the digital world? The CEOP page will answer all your questions. www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/Parents
- Our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is Ms Mills.
- Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) is Mrs Little.
- Our Designated Governor for Safeguarding is Mrs Franklin.